About the Walk of Hope
RESOLVE’s Walk of Hope is RESOLVE’s signature fundraising event: one morning to walk one mile to unite one community. The Walk of Hope recognizes the many ways in which families are built, supports local support services and programs for the 7.3 million women and men living with infertility, and raises public understanding of how the disease of infertility impacts families nationwide.
The Walk of Hope is being held in several locations across the country. Funds raised from the Walk support RESOLVE programming, including support groups, the most up to date online information, public awareness initiatives, and advocacy efforts to ensure family building options are available to all!
The name "Walk of Hope" embodies the emotion that most people living with infertility feel. The Walk of Hope is an event that represents the infertility journey—a series of small steps, each one filled with hope and a reminder that no one should walk on this journey alone.
- More than 367,000 people in the Mid-Atlantic region are impacted by infertility.
- There are only 23 support groups in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- The first successful IVF was conducted in Virginia.
- Maryland is the only state in the area with an insurance mandate the covers infertility treatment.In February 2012,
- RESOLVE helped defeat a dangerous bill in the Virginia state legislator that would have endangered the practice of IVF.
- RESOLVE headquarters has called this area home since 2004.
Sign up today for the Washington D.C.Walk of Hope, National Harbor, MD on October 15, 2016.